- Honyaku USA will clearly indicate the purposes for which it collects any personal information and will restrict its use of such information to what is necessary to accomplish the declared purposes. It will not use the information for any other purposes.
- Honyaku USA will implement security measures to prevent unauthorized access to or loss, destruction, falsification, or leaking of personal information it collects. These measures will be revised as necessary.
- Honyaku USA will strictly follow laws and generally accepted practices regarding the handling of personal information.
- Honyaku USA will periodically audit its Compliance Program Regarding Personal Information and improve it when necessary.
- Honyaku USA will attempt to respond within a reasonable amount of time when an individual requests that personal information obtained regarding that person be disclosed, corrected, or deleted.
When Honyaku USA will request personal information
- When someone places an order with Honyaku USA, requests an estimate, makes an inquiry, asks a question, and/or requests documents
- When a translator, DTP operator, or proofreader registers with Honyaku USA or requests that his or her registration be considered
Content of personal information and purposes of collection
- Personal information refers to any information that identifies an individual, such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, and that is provided voluntarily by that individual.
- The personal information collected from clients and registered staff members is necessary in order to smoothly provide and appropriately operate Honyaku USA's services. It is used only within the bounds of work that Honyaku USA performs. It will not be used for any other purpose without the permission of the individual concerned.
Handling of personal information
- Honyaku USA will not disclose collected personal information to other companies or third parties without the permission of the individual concerned. However, this does not apply in the event that Honyaku USA receives a lawful request for disclosure from a court, government agency, or similar entity.
- Collected personal information is stored in a secure environment in which it is carefully and strictly handled so that no one except authorized Honyaku USA employees may access it.
Policy established April 1, 2013
Honyaku USA INC